Simidude 1.5.0 Release Notes
February 21, 2010
Photo by Torsten Uhlmann
Hurray, great news! I finally released version 1.5.0 of Simidude. This version fixed some important any annoying bugs and provides a few new features:
- Bug Fix: Circling Clipboard Items: There where circumstances when a clipboard item was sent back and forth between connected clients.
- Bug Fix: Wrong Sort Order of Clipboard Items: Sometimes clipboard items where inserted at the right position in the item list.
- Bug Fix: Fixed Drag&Drop on Mac: There where problems using Drag&Drop on Mac systems.
- Bug Fix: Runs on Ubuntu 09.10: Using new libraries problems while using Simidude on new Linux/Ubuntu have been resolved.
- Bug Fix: Sometimes Simidude crashed right after the start if the computer's clipboard held certain data.
- Feature: Preference Setting to manually overwrite a clients IP address: You can enter a specific IP address in the network preferences if you want to force Simidude to that address and not auto detect the most probable primary IP address.
- Feature: You can now select which Clipboard items are being monitored: You can now enable/disable the monitoring of Text/Image or File items. That way you can for instance disable the monitoring of images copied to the clipboard when you only care for Text / Files.
- Feature: Network Analysis Dialog: In the Help menu there is now a "Network Analysis" dialog that shows information about connected clients and a connection history of received data (only statistical data). The Network Analysis report is appended to the Bug Report that can be sent from inside Simidude and is a useful debugging aid in case of connection trouble.
This version is recommended for all users. As always if you have any feature requests please let me know- loud and clear.